Page from a Reference Book
This question came in as a phone bounce to the Office from the Reference Desk.
A Reference librarian at another UMass library called to ask if we had volume 19 of Nineteenth Century Literary Criticism. A student at his library had photocopied some pages (14 and 15) and was missing the first page of the essay which gave the author's name. Their volume 19 was missing.
In my mind I saw this as the "light blue" multi volume set but the librarian said no it's brown (shows how long it'd been since I'd used it). I looked in our catalog and panicked when I could not find it, it was such a basic resource, feeling like I was missing something obvious . As I was fumbling (and explaining to the librarian that I was not at the Desk at the moment), I noticed that there was a listing for Nineteenth Century Literature Criticism. Now it was the other librarian who was apologetic for not giving me the right title.
A: The author of the essay (which was on Jane Austen) was Marvin Mudrick and the essay was dated 1952.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home