summer question
This isn't particularly a summer question. I'm just blogging it to see if I can get myself back into the habit of blogging about questions again.
We get a lot of questions about access to readings (articles, etc.). Often we discover that links in our systems, in particular our open-URL, SFX system, are broken or taking users to the wrong places. Just a minute ago I was asked about the link from our ejournal list to ERIC Reports. When I saw in the UMLinks menu "Full-text available from Gale Cengage Educator's Reference Complete" I expected there might be a problem. Gale's links seem to frequently be bad.
Well, luckily this grad student (or professor - it was hard to tell), was happy when I told him about the database ERIC. He had not heard of it before. And he was happy to serch journals as well as reports. The links from within ERIC worked well.
Now I have to send a message to dbhelp reporting the bad link.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home