24/7 question on SAP R/3
This came in on Question Point:
Visitor: any training material about SAP R/3 software
A librarian will be with you shortly, please hold.
[Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst - A librarian has joined the session]
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Hello. I'm a reference librarian at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Hello, this is the reference librarian. I'm reading your question...
Visitor: hallo
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: I'm not familiar with any training material about SAP R/3 software. What kind of software is this?
Visitor: ERP CMMS computrized maintenance mangment system
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: WE can check tha library catalog to see if there are some books. Are you a Northeaster student or a Boston college student? (or other?)
Visitor: northeaster
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: ok, looks like there are some books in the Northeastern library. I odun them by doing a "NUCat" search. I can show you ...
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: well, i'm having a hard time with the co-browsing. i'll just try to send you the links and isntructions
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: http://www.lib.neu.edu/
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: just type in sap r/3 in the NUCat search box
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: here's one book:
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Author Geiss, Marcus, 1970- Title Dynamic implementation of SAP R/3 / Marcus Geiss and Roland Soltysiak.
Imprint Harlow, England ; New York : Addison-Wesley, 2000.
LOCATION
SNELL STACKS CALL # QA76.9.C55 G4513 2000 STATUS AVAILABLE
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: are you there?
Visitor: yes
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: ok, great. Did you see the book I sent you which shoudl be at the Snell Library?
Visitor: yes it is good
Visitor: but could you know if it had a demo of the s/w or not
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Also, you might find other books in a databse called WorldCAt which yu can request to have sent to you at the Northeastern library. WorldCAt includes books from many many libraries. So if you need more, try the databse World Cat.
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: I can't really tell. But there's another book I found in NUCAt that includes a CD:
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Author Matzke, Bernd.
Title ABAP/4 : programming the SAP R/3 system / Bernd Matzke.
Imprint Harlow : Addison-Wesley, c2001.
LOCATION CALL # STATUS
SNELL STACKS QA76.73.A12 M38 2001 AVAILABLE
Edition 2nd ed.
Descript viii, 726 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. + 1 computer optical disc (4 3/4 in.)
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: What do you think?
Visitor: no it is not relevent to my interst
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: What woudl be more relevant? Could you tell me more about what you are looking for?
Visitor: SAP r?3 training or implementation or tutorials and demo for the software
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: I'll keep looking, but You might wan to contact the Librarian who specializes in Computer Science:
[Rebecca Burkey] Tel: (617) 373-2344
Email: r.burkey@neu.edu
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: hold on...
Visitor: this topic more related to maintenance mangement not computer sience
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: I did find a few things in WorldCAt that you can try to order through Interlirbary loan:
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: for example:
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: SAP R/3 business blueprint the complete video course /
Author: Curran, Thomas; Ladd, Andrew. Publication: [Paramus, N.J.?] : Pearson PTR Interactive, 2000
Document: English : Visual Material : Videorecording : VHS tape Libraries Worldwide: 3 More Like This: Search for versions with same title and author | Advanced options ...
See more details for locating this item 5. SAP the Zen of R/3 /
Author: Adamson, Rick.; Fallon, Jim., and others Publication: Syosset, N.Y. : Computer Channel, Inc., 1997
Document: English : Visual Material : Videorecording : VHS tape
Libraries Worldwide: 2
Visitor: yes it is excelent for me
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: To get to these, you need to use the interlibrary loan service: http://www.lib.neu.edu/access/ill/index.htm
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: have you used the interlibrary loan service before?
Visitor: yes
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: then you can go into your account and fill in the form for a request.
Visitor: ok thanks a lot
[Visitor - has disconnected]
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: the second video also seems to be avialbae on line, but you might have to purchase it:
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: http://www.watchit.com/PGDSCR.cfm?c_acronym=SAPZ
Note to staff: COMP
[Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst - user has closed this session]


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home