24/7 question about web browser
patron: To delete website addresses in the address bar that have built up how do it dlete them?
A librarian will be with you in about a minute.
[Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst - A librarian has joined the session]
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Hello. I'm a reference librarian at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. I'm reading your question...
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Hello. Which browser are you using: Internet Explorer, Firefox or other?
patron: internet explorer
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: ok, I ws looking in the Help Index for Internet Explorer and it says this:
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Under "Clearing History List"
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: To specify the number of days that the History list keeps track of your pages
In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Under History, change the number of days that the History list keeps track of your pages.
Notes
To empty the History folder, click Clear History. This will temporarily free up disk space on your computer.
For Help on an item, click at the top of the dialog box, and then click the item.
patron: bingo it worked i clicked
Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst: Great. Anything else I can do for you?
patron: clear history under the tools and they all went away thanks so much go saux!
[patron - has disconnected]
Note to staff: COMP
[Rosario-BLC-UMass/Amherst - user has closed this session]


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home